Skip to main content

First Covid Vaccine Shot

 I received my 1st Covid vaccine shot yesterday. At 8 AM I got a call that there were available shots up the pass and I needed to get there by 1 PM. That was exciting except that I had to deal with the temperature first. It was -12°  and the pipes in the downstairs bathroom had frozen. It took an hour for the space heaters to do their job for the water could flow again.

As soon as that was fixed I jumped in the car (which wasn't happy about turning over the engine) and waited for it to warm up before starting out. After driving about 2 miles I turned on the fan to warm up the interior of the car. NO FAN. I had to finish the 20 mile trip to the clinic with no heat in the car. 

I walked into the clinic shaking from the cold and after 10 minutes I was out again and ready to drive home. The temperature was now 23°.  Now the fan worked and I went home and slept for the majority of the day. 

Comments

  1. Good to hear you got your vaccination. I got mine yesterday also, red sore spot on my arm some swelling and soreness and I am tired. You had quite a day...a long time ago I used a hair dryer to warm up/thaw out pipes:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Amadinda

  The Amadinda is an African xylophone originally made from slabs of wood or even large sticks, with or without gourds for resonators. There was no reason for this project other than to see if I could make a simple mallet instrument. The box was made from plywood (which also acted as the resonators) and the bars were made from maple.  Since this was to be a true xylophone, the bars were all of equal width. Tuning was done by cutting the bars to different lengths and removing material from the bottom. Using a router I created a sort of 'stepped pyramid' instead of the traditional arc cut found on marimba or xylophone bars.  Cutting the underside is not only for tuning but it focuses the pitch and creates the characteristic overtones of the instrument. Since I wanted to play this with other 'Western' instruments, I chose to use a pentatonic scale of 2 2/5 octaves (C#,D#,F#,G#,A#,C#,D#,F#,G#,A#,C#,D#). Two people sit on either side of the instrument and strike the ends of