Skip to main content

Pine Sap

 AND YET ANOTHER REASON TO HATE MOWING THE GRASS!!!  

After mowing this last time, I kept smelling pine. There is a pine tree close to where I keep the lawn mower and occasionally I brush up against it and get sap on my hands or shoes but not this time.  No, this time that pine tree had a more sinister plan. It dropped a glob of the stuff on the back of my head (one of the few places that I have what's left of my hair). I only found it about 5 hours after it happened, so I Googled how to get rid of it. Olive oil, a hot wash cloth with olive oil wrapped on my head for 10 minutes did it. I'm now free of pine sap but smell like a tossed salad.

Not only does the sap smell but it's sticky. I hate sticky (even more than mowing). I wore a beard for 40+ years and didn't eat pancakes the entire time because I didn't want the syrup sticking on my beard. 

OK, so no more sticky pine smell and as for the salad? My Grandmother, Grandfather, Mother, Aunts, Uncles and cousins would have loved it.😃   

Comments

  1. So do you now eat gluten-free pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't hear of the olive oil...good to know as my brothers JD Gator sits under a pine when he is here. I have always used Avon Skin So Soft! Good thing you didn't have to cut off your hair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Amadinda

  The Amadinda is an African xylophone originally made from slabs of wood or even large sticks, with or without gourds for resonators. There was no reason for this project other than to see if I could make a simple mallet instrument. The box was made from plywood (which also acted as the resonators) and the bars were made from maple.  Since this was to be a true xylophone, the bars were all of equal width. Tuning was done by cutting the bars to different lengths and removing material from the bottom. Using a router I created a sort of 'stepped pyramid' instead of the traditional arc cut found on marimba or xylophone bars.  Cutting the underside is not only for tuning but it focuses the pitch and creates the characteristic overtones of the instrument. Since I wanted to play this with other 'Western' instruments, I chose to use a pentatonic scale of 2 2/5 octaves (C#,D#,F#,G#,A#,C#,D#,F#,G#,A#,C#,D#). Two people sit on either side of the instrument and strike the ends of